We're happy you've decided to explore our Net Metering program. Below are some simple steps to help you research and enrol in the program:
Find out more:
- Research net metering. Additional Resources can be found in our Net Metering Application Package.
- Read our Net Metering Application Package to learn about our program.
- Complete the application form electronically, then print, sign, and mail or email it to the address provided.
- Be sure to provide all the required documentation with the application.
All projects require an electrical wiring permit from a licensed electrician and must be inspected and approved by the New Brunswick Department of Public Safety, Technical Inspection Services prior to connection.*
The generator can only be turned on if:
- The Bi-directional meter is installed.
- You have received written approval from NB Power to turn on the generator.
What happens next?
Once your project has been completed and approved, NB Power will provide and install a meter that will record both the electricity delivered to you and the electricity received from your generation unit.
*Equipment note: All electrical equipment shall bear a certification logo acceptable in the Province of New Brunswick. Any component of the installation that does not, including a wind turbine itself, may require a Special Inspection (SI) by a certification organization recognized in New Brunswick. We recommend that you contact the New Brunswick Department of Public Safety, Technical Inspection Services for further details.
Download the Net Metering Application Package.